Saturday, April 23, 2011

[Coffee Shot] What is your favorite coffee/tea drink? And What makes coffee/tea special for you?

I have a particular taste, but is it not defined/confined to a particular drink or two; my favorite drink is defined by my mood and what I need to help my mood. First, I need to state that caffeine does NOT make me energetic nor awake; it actually relaxes and allows a clear mind and for better concentration. A strong dark latte may help on days where I need to keep busy and stay on task (I have ADHD, which could explain a lot about me). These days, the days mentioned, are days during school, or work, where I have a lot of tasks, a lot of assignments, studying for test, etc...
I also put a shot of Irish whiskey in my coffee (I make a mean real Irish coffee/latte) when I have migraines; this I have found to be a secret medicine or weapon against migraines since a migraine is where the blood is not getting to the brain (whereas headaches receives too much blood in the head). The caffeine allows vessels to expand and the alcohol thins the blood allowing  a better flow to the head; and both caffeine and alcohol relaxes and helps for a clear thought process. Granted I do not have my Irish coffees during school or work, obviously.
With tea, I love this particular loose leaf Chinese green tea that my wife's cousin got us for part of our wedding gift while we were in China, it is both bitter,  smooth, and so so fresh. Tea like coffee, as well as many things is best when fresh, not processed! I also love jasmine and oolong tea, but only drink jasmine when I've had too much green (or coffee) and only oolong when feeling ill or weak (considering the positive effects that oolong has on the digestive system). There are some days where I feel I need a strong dark small espresso, in a nice small white cup while sitting and watching the world go by. Or other days, drinking a tea latte with friends late at night talking about randomness.
I was first introduced to coffee by my cousin Tara, and realized its potential of relaxing me with my migraines and asthma (had asthma bad when I was young). I was introduced to green teas by my wife, then my best-friend; she didn't technically introduce me, but since she was/is Chinese, I introduced myself as much as I could to anything Chinese, including tea. Found I loved the taste, of real tea, not processed bagged tea.
Please tell me of your coffee/tea stories, your favorite drinks, and why coffee/tea special for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment