Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Music Shout

I love all types of music. There are some genres I typically stay away from (e.g. pop, rap, country, etc.,), but do like some songs or artists that come from said genres, which makes me a non-discrimitory listener, though I deffintally have a particular taste.

Mostly I love Jazz, Blues, Classical (which I find it strange it being called, since some "classical" music has been made in the 21st century), Ethnic/World (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Mongolian, etc., folk/traditional music), some Rock, Reggae/Island music, some Chinese pop, some Japanese pop, some Korean pop, even some New Age, and more.

That is where "Music Shout's" will come in. From now on, every now and then, I will place some posts with certain music that I like to share and talk about. I also hope people will make comments about what they think of the song(s) within each Music Shout.

This first Music Shout goes out to Beethoven; my utmost favorite of his works is the small piece Moonlight Sonata. Most people do not like the piano piece, since (to them) it is very solemn or depressing. To me it is relaxing. Turn off the lights, have a cup of hot jasmine tea or small espresso near by, everything off except the stereo on loud and repeat, close your eyes and let the music move you. Each note of this song is so powerful, you feel both the artist's (the one that is actually playing the piece) pain and the pain from Beethoven, whom wrote it. But you also feel this relaxing ease, as if the song is saying, "although there is pain, be at peace, because it will pass." The song always strikes my soul, and at times I feel like crying, not out of sorrow, but because the sorrow is lifted and I find my peace again. Thank you, Ludwig van Beethoven, for your brilliance and you pouring your soul into this piece.


[To my followers on this version of my blog, please follow me on the new version of this blog (the corrected spelling) @ http://caffeinatedsophistsophist.blogspot.com/; Thank You]

No comments:

Post a Comment