Saturday, July 30, 2011

[Poem Share] My Love of Nyx by the Caffinated Sophist

Nyx fancies me,
and I fancy her.
Her bright white side-ways smile
always brings me joy.

Her cooler dark hair
surrounds me fully,
while my weary eyes leisurely
finds comfort within the darkness of her.

The world looks fuller, richer, and filled
with more mysteries
than with her daughter, Hemera.
Her soft cool and cleaner breath
takes me farther in thoughts
and heals my soul.

I feel like ME!
Not just me, MORE of me!
Free, alive, full, and closer to God!
I feel the world,
I feel the tingling energies surrounding.

And it is this,
this is why I fancy Nyx!
And why she fancies me!
For we understand
peace, peace within.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You; the poem is pretty straight forward, it's my love of the night, with me personifying 'her'; but if this was to refer to any woman it would be my wife.

    ReplyDelete